Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Now all is right with the world

My arch-nemesis in high school would use this phrase when he had gotten the better of someone else because he was pretty much self-centered and rude. It used to drive me nuts, but I find that it now fits my present state of affairs. I have been really and truly happy, sirenely happy lately. The kind of happy that is found in sickeningly sweet storybooks after which the reader wants to regurgitate. It is not that my life is perfect. I have had my little bumps: a dry-socket had to be packed, a med error that I caught caused me loads of paperwork, a phone call just when I fell asleep, something I forgot to do. I have found however, that happiness is able to transend small bumps, or continue on in spite of them. Actually the bumps help to ascertain the reality of life and the blessedness of it. I might not really realize how blessed I was if I didn't get a little dose of life. Maybe I'm doing something right, or more likely it's not my doing, but Someone more than me. Whatever the cause, it is awesome to know that all is right with the world and I can continue on irrespective of the bumps in store. Anyway, a little random thought from ellen after a long night of work on little sleep plus Aleve.

Just ducky.

No comments: