Saturday, March 26, 2005

Memorial


When talking to my mom this morning I found out that a good friend of the family Clinton Young died on Tuesday. This sad news for me is a blessed event for him. His wife of many years died a few years back and he has been missing her terribly for quite some time. He, like his wife, was not sick for a long duration. He had a heart attack while driving and didn't even make it to the hospital. I am truly happy for him that he is reunited with his wonderful wife, however I will miss all of the stories about the fire department and life in California. I do so love the Youngs and their sense of humor. I have carried on their legacy by teaching every youth I know how to say "boring" in sign language. Then when one of their compatriots is sitting on the stand in sacrament meeting, they can make them squirm to keep in the giggles that rise. Man I've been so blessed in my life to have known so many gems. The Wards are another couple who will always have a place in my heart and have helped to shape my life and character. What a joy it will be to greet them and hopefully I'll be able to say with clear conscience that I've taken the knowledge that I've gleaned through my association with them and used it to better the world and further the Lord's work.

No comments: