Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Nature in its strange beauty

Yesterday was the oddest storm that I've seen in a while. I was out shopping at Office Depot and when I entered the store it was cloudy, but just that. I exited the store ten minutes later and everything had turned a pale state of grey and the wind was blowing so hard I had to place each step carefully to ensure my staying upright. Just as I got into my car it started to snow big flakes and a shopping cart with no one inside it went racing across the parking lot at about ten miles per hour. It was like a car commercial I had seen once where the shopping cart is out to get the truck or whatever they were trying to sale. It was really quite funny and amazing that the wind could push it so fast. Anyway, I went over to a friend's house to deliver a package and struggled to keep my car in the same lane due to the wind. For about an hour while I was there the snow continued to fall and there was accompanying thunder. The road looked like it was made of water because of the way the snow danced over it in the arms of the wind. It was really quite pretty. When I left her house it was over. The roads were slightly wet and that was the only sign of the storm that had been. Also her neighbor's storage shed had been blown up about two feet from one side of its foundation. Crazy what nature can do and not even break a sweat.

No comments: