Monday, March 07, 2005

Wierded out!

The life of a nurse in the hospital can be very very strange sometimes. Oh the stories I could tell if it weren't for laws like HIPPA... The more I see of people the more normal I become (which in itself is a scary thought). Conversations between the nurses at 4:00 in the morning are of course a little odd, usually very funny, but the things patients say and do at that hour under the influence of their medications is absolutely bizarre. Last night I really felt like I was in the twilight zone with all of the crazy things happening. Then to top it all off there was a non-regular staff who must have been shooting up or smoking something really good because she was erratic and flighty and totally off the wall. At one point the rest of us were all so tired of her and because of little sleep and we looked at each other and laughed for a good five minutes. The kind of humor bred in the hospital on nights is unparallelled for just that reason. I guess you have to be a little crazy to have a job like mine or else have a hankering for the crazy. I'm not sure which I've got (no comments from the peanut gallery on this one) but it keeps me on my toes.

No comments: