Thursday, June 29, 2006

great stuff

THis has been a great week full of growth, prayer and wonderful faith confirming miracles. The Lord is at the head of this His work. I absolutely love what I am able to do here in Portugal and the love that I feel for these people! The Lord has richly blessed me in so many ways. We had a wonderful mission conference yesterday to hear our president and his wife give their support for the work and their last words of advice and council. It was just the boost I needed. This is such a rewarding time and I am so very grateful for the way the Lord is able to speak directly to me through His servants. I also have been reading lately in the book of Isaiah during my study of the Bible to accompany the study of the book of Mormon. I absolutely love the way that Isaiah paints pictures in my mind. He really did see our days. There was one chapter where he talked about debt that was so great. Round about 35-50, I don't remember the chapter. THere is no doubt in my mind that the Lord inspires prophets and gives them council to give to us so that we can be successful and happy in this life, and that continually throughout eternity. I am just so happy! I feel like I'm just starting to barely understand a little of what the Lord has planned for His children. All of us whom He loves so much. Anyway, just that, that the Lord knows what He's doing and does it so well.

This week will be a bit different. I get to be with Sister Call for three days because we are renewing our visas. It is really fun to be able to work together. It is fun to see our progress that is in some ways very parallel, but in some ways completely different.

Samuel, mandarei-te aquele puzzel quando eu acabar. Acho que estamos a ensinar uma mulher de Morumbi. Vou ter que lhe perguntar para ver se ela tem quaisquer familiares que deves ensinar. A oposição nesta área é muito forte, qual quer dizer que estamos a ser como José Smite disse 'destroyers and annoyers'. Realmente esta é a obra do Senhor e sou muito grata pelo amor que sinto durante as tribulações. Porta-te bem e quem sabe, é capaz que eu vá ter que te buscar na fim da tua missão. Seria fixe não seria? Bem, realmente não sei se é possível, mas procurarei saber. Tá? Então, até já porque nossa vida só é um sonho e a missão um secundo.

Love you all and pray that all is going well!

ellen

No comments: