Thursday, June 08, 2006

Yea!

OLA!!!
Well, glad to hear from all of you...I did have a wonderful birthday and I got mypart of the quilting done and gave it to sister schneiber to do her part. It turned out really well given the conditions under which I was working...what I wouldn´t have given for some ´stitch witchery´or rotary cutter or a machine that winds the bobbin...however, seeing as time is limited and resources far away I did it without all of these luxuries.

Thanks MOM for my birthday package. I went and got it from the post office on my birthday and so I didn´t even cheat and open it early. I love the pen and I loved sharing the Reeces. The peanut butter M&Ms are just about gone. I shared a few, but not very many. Oh, and I love the card. Irmã Blocker also really liked it. I really had a great birthday. I got three different cakes from members and friends and my companion is just really sweet. I enjoyed myself and we taught a whole lot. That´s the part that really made me happy, that I was able to be useful and help the work move along, people are more receptive to 'the birthday girl'.

Oh, and today we had transfers...I didn´t move, so anyone still wanting to send a package or any type of letter can still send to:
Vereda do Espírito Santo
Nº12-2º esq-traz
Canidelo
4400 Vila Nova de Gaia
PORTUGAL

Although we didn´t move areas we did receive another companion, so now we are three.. Irmã Christianne Carter is from Orem, UT. I'm really excited to serve with her because I got to know her mom in the MTC and I wanted to serve with her then, so now my wish comes true. She is really a great missionary and we are going to have no end of fun and work here in Gaia. We are working a lot in Valadares recently and have been able to help some great people. I don´t know how I could be more happy...Really this is the life!!
I´ll send a picture when we get the quilt all finished. I think will be having a conference to change presidents here in a couple of weeks and we will present our handywork to our querida Presidente Greene e Sister Greene.

Dad--Eu percebo perfeitamente o que estava a dizer. Are you learning Portuguese? How did you know how to say that stuff? It is a beautiful language and I love trying to speak better every day...My goal is to leave this mission as a portuguesa...it will take CONSTANT VIGILANCE, but it´s possible...

Love you all and thanks for your love and prayers...I can't express how very much they help in my daily efforts. Oh, and happy birthday\anniversary to all those lucky people with celebrations in June. Especially to Martha, Blair, and Naomi. Really, June is a great month!

Oh, one last thing...do any of you know any basement apartment or little old lady in Idaho that would be economical, but practical for a mother and her two sons (7 and 13). Paula from São João da Madeira will be attending BYU-Idaho and will arrive august 14. Any information you have you could send directly to her (she understands English if it's not too complex) pjk_magalhaes@hotmail.com Thanks for your help and support for her.

Samuel, eu amo-te e sei que os teus esforços estão a contar...Tu és um bom missionário mesmo! As vezes a tua fraqueza mesmo é que és tão duro com ti mesmo. Eu gosto muito das palavras do Salvador no assunto. Ele disse para aquela mulher que realmente tinha feito asneiras: Ir e não faça mais. Então ele não condena ninguém. Ele sabe a nossa potencial, mas ao invez de castigar ele sempre vai ajudar nos a andar em frente a limpar o pó das nossas calças e a fazer melhor. Eu também gosto a escritura em Alma 42:29. Então não te preocupes com as falhas, mas confia no Senhor. Ele já te salvou e vai continuar. Só tens de pedir. Força! sempre em frente, sempre em cima, e sempre com fé!

Love all of you and you're always remembered in my prayers!

ellen

No comments: