Thursday, June 22, 2006

Fw: A Snake Story

Last week Dad parked the blue Olds upstairs. We were talking to some people inside and when we came back outside there was a large gopher snake under the car. The lady that was with us moved closer to see the snake and scared him so he went up into the car.
We couldn't see where he went but we weren't going to wait for him either. He was big 4-5 feet and may have had a bump in him from a mouse or whatever. So we drove up the road. The other people were behind us but didn't see the snake come down. Well, we had a few other stops to make and then took the car over to the ramp to see what we could see. Dad finally spotted the snake's tail on top of the gas tank. He got a stick and touched him to see if he was still alive. He was. So Dad parked the car back at the house under the tree. That was a bad idea. The next dad the snake was still there on top of the gas tank. Later in the afternoon, Dad parked the car down below. But he did not park it in the garage. The next day the morning sun must of made the snake too hot so he moved out. We are glad! We like the snake to do his job of catching mice. But Dad says, "Our snake is the best traveled snake around."

Thursday Dad came to the school and loaded up his pickup with most of my stuff. I guess I've been the librarian for over 10 years so I've collected a lot of things. Then on Monday I came up to clean out my desk. So all I have left is to do the final inventory and I will probably put barcodes on the new books that came in. Then I will be done. I'm not even sad. I guess it's time for me to get on to something else--like keeping Dad company.

Last week Dave Spitzer, a teacher at the Cedaredge High School had a stroke on Tuesday. They took him to St. Marys and they operated on him. He was doing well. Then on Friday morning he had a massive stroke and died. He was 52. So you never know what will happen next. So have a great week ! Make you time count.
Love,Mom

No comments: