Thursday, September 14, 2006

Giggles and girlies

It's been a great week. Sister Karren and I are having way too much fun I think. We are really alike and get along great which means sometimes we collapse in giggles in any and every place. We do really work hard also, which gives us the good disposition to be able to joke. So I've really been learning more than ever how to feel and respond to the Spirit and really how to surrender my whole heart and soul to the Lord's work. As I do that I have been having wonderful studies!!! The Spirit really just comes and sits on my heart. It is such a marvelous feeling. Everytime I think that I am absolutely happy, I do the Lords will and that absolute joy increases. I am learning so much! It's such a blessing to be a trainer (during my interview with President yesterday he told me that I probably won't be training for the whole three months, that maybe I just will have the next 4 weeks with her and then one or the other will be tranferred--other lessons to learn other people to love)

Oh, another cool thing this week I learned how to eat with chopsticks and ate an entire meal with them (very well says my companion) It was fun. All sorts of chinese things you wouldn't think I would be learning here in Portugal. I also can sing two songs in chinese. they're pretty.

Thanks for your letter and good news Bethany!! I'm glad to hear Ethan is doing well and that the girlies are such good eggs. I sent a letter last week that should reach you this week.

As for the care package you want to send... I never really know what to tell you. For sure peanut butter M&M's, a couple pairs of nylons (size B-I'm tall), if you happen to see some Burt's Bees Hand Salve (it's a yellow tin), and a letter from Dad (if he wants to). I've got pretty much everything I need. Oh, and the address is:

Rua Padre António Viera
Nº91- 5º trás
4710 Braga
PORTUGAL

Yep, it's wonderful to be the Lord's servant. He's the best boss for now and for eternity. The payment is awesome and the benefits are out of this world....hem hem hem. Yea...so love you all and keep on keeping on!

ellen

No comments: