Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fw: When the Sun Goes Behind the Clouds

Oí Família,
Today I was reading a quote book. I really like quotes and I read some inspiring words. I will be making some new goals and plans today of how I can be a better missionary and be focused in the work. This past week was good. We are working hard and finding many new people to teach. We pray that they will be baptized and that the work in this area will begin to be strong. In the past, this area has had some missionaries who did not work hard and put forth a lot of effort. Now I think it is the other way around. We are working very hard but the branch is struggling. I am not sure exactly how to help them. I think that prayer and mediation are needed in this regard. Recently I read something by President David O. Mckay. He said that we should try to solve our problems with prayer, scripture study, fasting before we go to another source. Our first source of help should be our Heavenly Father and then other sources. Everything really comes down to prayer and scripture study. If you don´t do those two things everyday, you will not be strong in the storms of life and you will be very weak spiritually. I think the following. It is not a question that you will or will not fall, but when you will fall. We have to be prepared for the storms of life. In April, I think that Elder Henry B. Eyring talked about this. He said that we have to start early and be steady. That is the ticket-be obedient and be diligent.
I appreciate the prayers of all of you. Aaron, thanks for the wonderful words of encouragement. I love you all and am very excited for the end of this month when we will be able to hear the words of our Beloved Prophet.
Love,
Elder Thompson

No comments: