Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Work of the Lord

Oí Família,
What a great week it has been. We are teaching a lot and we are trying to do our best to teach by the spirit and invite all to come unto Christ. Everyday, we can work on one little aspect and be a little bit better each day. We were a little disappointed when Antonio decided to stop investigating but we know that he has his choice and that the Lord will prepare a little bit more before he gets baptized. We keep right on working because this is the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is no other way to get to heaven, only through Jesus Christ and living his gospel. I love the work that I am doing and I can see that sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. We have to focus on our purpose and prioritize, leaving the things that don´t really matter to the side. Everything that we do needs is done for a purpose and we need to learn something from it or we are just using our time. I am learning that-as a perfectionist I want everything just so so and sometimes it really doesn´t matter. It is so great to be on a mission. I love my companion, he teaches me everyday how to work, be patient, speak the language, love the people, etc... I thank the Lord for that. Well, I hope all continues well in your lives. Enjoy the summer and I will enjoy the cold weather that we are having here. I love you all,

Elder Thompson

No comments: