Thursday, August 17, 2006

new beginnings

Oí Família,
This week has been great. Transfers were yesterday and I was made a district leader and a trainer again. I am still in the same area as I was and my companion Elder Costa was transferred but was made a district leader as well. I am very excited for him. He and I became great friends and we tried to help each other. My new companion is Elder Salviano who is from Brasilia, the capital of Brasil. He is outstanding and I believe that what Elder Packer said about the greatest group of missionaries is true. He is much more prepared than I was I think and he has great desire to serve with his all. It will be a great experience, of that I am sure. It is great to be a trainer because you have to start with the basics again. I think that it is very important to every once in a while return to what is simple and basic and you learn so much.
These days, the weather is becoming very hot. It was so great the past several months because it wasn´t very hot but not very cold either. It stayed just right, but now it is really changing. I think it will be a very hot summer.
We are teaching an outstanding person Tania who is overcoming drinking coffee and is making good progress. She was planned to be baptized this week but we plan to have her baptism next week. Sometimes we just need to have patience and have people prepared. Her life is moving and all that thanks to the healing power of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the master healer.
I love you all and know that the Lord is blessing you.

Love,
Elder Thompson

No comments: