Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fw: Wasps

Well, I just spend 30 minutes writing an email and it disappeared when I tries to get back on line. So I'll give you the shortened version.
The first paragraph was about wasps. They know that fall is coming and they are building nests everywhere--truck door, scaffolding, sheds, etc. Dad has let them alone until they stung him. Now it is war and he will probably win with the carbinator fluid that he sprays them with or he burns their nest.
Dad is also spraying goatheads. He can't believe that everyday he finds more. But he sure laughs when he sees that they had died. I hope he wins that one!
I was sustained and set apart as Nursery Leader on Sunday. So now it is official. I found out that Sis.Marilyn Bates has been using the old nusery manual that I used 20 years ago and not the Primary I manual. So I will be changing that. I hope I have enought energy to do it like I would like.
John Pyle was sealed to Chelsea Lyons, of Kansas City, on Friday, August 4th in the Denver Temple. They met in their student ward at BYU. She's graduated and will continue to work while he finishes up in Comupter Science.
They had a reception at the Pyle home Saturday--outside and it didn't rain. Next week they have one in KS.
I appreciate the good work of our missionaries! It is wonderful to spread the "good news" to those who are seeking.

Love, mom

No comments: