Thursday, August 24, 2006

Princess Elena

So this week we had a great preparation day adventure. We went to Guimarães and toured the Castle and the Palace of the Dukes and a couple of other touristy sites. I thought about my darling princes and princesses. The castle really wouldn't be that fun to live in because it is so dark and really the rooms are quite small. The Palace on the other hand was beautiful! It really looks like all the storybooks. It was crazy to be in a place that was built before America was discovered. They first constructed the Palace in 1420 or something like that. It is also cool because they still use the palace to hold events. The president of Portugal has some special rooms in the top and they have special state meetings in the upper rooms and the grand banquet hall. We really felt like princesses. It was neat.

Other things, I am just having such a good time. We are working like crazy, and the work is progressing. We are working a lot with the Young Women...Oh, which reminds me...If you could send me any ideas of activities that really were great as young womens (service, games, anything) Our young woman really need a lot of support and growing up. they are a bit spoiled in this ward. We are planning on doing a type of highway clean-up with them. They won't know until they are there on the side of the road with a bag....Really, any ideas you could send would be great. (I will then send them to you also Bethany)

Thanks Martha for your ideas on the piano lessons. Oh, Samuel, eu tenho um discurso tão bom para ti! Um amigo meu me mandou então vou mandar para lá também. É sobre como trabalhar mais com os membros e receber referências deles. É muito poderoso mesmo. Mandarei esta semana se eu tiver tempo.

This week has been really great also. We have been working really hard and therefore can have the Spirit with us. The Spirit is a wonderful teacher and the feeling of working is exhilerating. I am just happy, really and truly and thouroughly. I'm finally figuring out a little bit what I'm doing, as we exercise our faith miracles just happen.

Love you all! Kisses to all my fellow princesses! (and handsome princes)

ellen

No comments: