Thursday, March 16, 2006

Transfers and a new companion

So, we had transfers today and I received as my new companion Sister Christensen from Clinton, Utah. She´s taller than me and might even have a bigger shoe size...quite an accomplishment for sure. Sister Call went to Braga to serve in a tripla. I´m gonna miss her. After serving together for so much time we start feeling like a part is gone when we have to part.

I have a favor to ask all of my praying fans...whenever you remember little ole´me in your prayers, could you also remember Sister Call, and keep on remembering until the end of the time we get to serve (until the end of November). I would really appreciate it, and so would she. Thanks a bunch!!

Well, other great things... we will also be celebrating the relief society birthday with a party tomorrow night. I get to sing a couple of things with some of the members of the ward here. I also will be singing O Divine Redeemer in English. I translated it into Portuguese but they like the english better, so I do what I´m told, most of the time anyway. So, think of me..that song gets really quite high at the end. Fun, fun, fun.

We taught a really awesome family this week. We just talked to them in the door on wednesday and gave them a book of Mórmon. They saide we could return the next day, so we returned the next day and they had read and we taught an awesome lesson. We asked when we could return and they said they were sorry, but they really wouldn´t have time until Saturday. So much different than the, "come back in a year, or maybe a month, or even more rare--come back next week" We felt really lucky and I think we´ll have some really great lessons with them!

I´m so glad to hear that I have such a good family. You are all awesome! Nephi, did you get my package yet?? Samuel, vou mandar pelo menos antes do fim do Março, e provávelmente esta semana. Amo-te também!! Happy, happy birthday to Madison and Mekenzie, make sure and give them my love. They are sure cute!!

Yep, that´s about it. Love you all, love what I´m doing, and love the Lord. This is His work and His Church and I´m so greatful to be a tiny part of it!

ellen

No comments: