Thursday, March 09, 2006

New Mission President

Well, I have a couple more minutes now because I do, and more news for you all, know you´ll enjoy it!
We will have a new president of the mission in July. It will be really hard to say goodbye to President and Sister Greene as they are nearly the best people that I have ever known and loved, however, I know that I will love and support completely these new folks...here is the down and dirty. The good news is that they´re home grown Colorado folk. And Sister (Decker) Henry is from Delta Colorado, right down our neck of the woods. Here is the low down first from President Greene, and then the Church News brief. Love you all! ellen

Dear Elders and Sisters,
I wanted to send to each of you the picture and brief biography of President James Henry and Sister Lynda Henry, who have been called to preside over the Portugal Porto Mission beginning this summer. I have talked to President Henry on the telephone, and indeed he is a wonderful man. They are very excited for their calling. I hope to be able to share more information regarding President and Sister Henry in upcoming zone conferences.

May the Lord continue to bless you my friends. Please stay focused on the work which we have been called to do in this land. As I send this e-mail out I cannot help but reflect upon the genuine friendship and love that we feel with each one of you and the many wonderful miracles that we have witnessed together as we have strived to bring these dear people unto our Lord Jesus Christ. I feel that you are all doing so very well, and I know that the Lord is pleased with our efforts. We are grateful that we still have four wonderful months to serve together, and we commit to you that we will stay faithful, diligent, and obedient until the very last moment of our mission. Sister Greene and I send our love to each one of you, and four abraços to each dupla.

President Greene

And the info:
James Franklin Henry, 60, Broomfield 1st Ward, Boulder Colorado Stake; former stake president, counselor in a stake presidency, high councilor, stake Young Men president, bishop, counselor in a bishopric and missionary in the Brazilian Mission. Senior vice president, Hayward Baker Inc. Born in Salt Lake City, Utah, to Alvin Eugene and Esther Fry Brimley Henry. Married Lynda Diane Decker, six children.
A counselor in the ward Relief Society presidency, she is a former president and counselor in a ward Young Women presidency, ward Primary president, teacher in Relief Society and Primary, and gospel doctrine teacher. Born in Delta, Colo., to Glenn Eldon and Mary Ione Sheilds Decker.

No comments: