Thursday, March 16, 2006

Preparing for the time

Oi Família,
How is the world turning? I was excited to hear about the snow in Colorado. Snow is one thing that I will never see in Brazil. How do you guys like the new tv-its a little nicer than the other that´s been there for around 30 years-I will always remember that tv and as Dad says--its worked all this time. I will tell you when I get the papers.

I had an outstanding zone conference yesterday. It was full of the spirit and my faith and testimony were strengthened. I was somewhat disanimated because my new area is difficult but I know that there are people here that are ready to hear about the gospel and be baptized. I need to have faith and make goals. I want to baptize every week and then I will make plans to accomplish it. If I do my part, the Lord will do his part. That will always be true. The mission is so great. I do have one regret--I didn´t really ask Aaron or Nephi about their missions and how I could better prepare for my own. I guess I had better ask now. What is one thing that right now looking back on your mission helped you the most in your life after the mission?

Preparation is key to anything that we do. It takes more time to prepare than to actually do and before you can do anything you have to prepare.

I love that this gospel is true and I know that Jesus is the Christ, that he loves us and wants us to be happy. Life isn´t easy and never will be but that inner peace that we desire comes only from Christ and his atonement. That is where we can endure the storms in life. If we put our faith in him just as presidente Hinckley says in the Ensign February 2006 God will never forsake us. I love you all and pray for you all.

Ellen, pode mandar os dois--ingles e portuguese--eu vou pagar você por tudo depois da missâo. Eu te amo e oro para você.
Love,
Elder Thompson

No comments: