Thursday, February 23, 2006

this week´s letter


I´m not feeling very inspired to write this week, so this ought to be short and sweet...
News, we´re teaching and people are learning. I am feeling like finally I am a missionary. It´s a good feeling. Yep, the church is true, the Book of Mormon has power and I love it. I am also really enjoying reading a little bit of the Old Testament every morning, and really understanding that the Lord does not change and I am so greatful for the convenants He made with our ancestors that also pertain to us. Yep, that´s about it. Oh, and I am getting my comeuppance for being somewhat of a problem child during my youth. We are talking with a couple of moms that are at their wits end because of rebellious(sp) teenagers. It is also good because I can comfort them from the other side of the fence, seeing as I was there causing heartaches, but it also hurts because I can feel those same heartaches. I am so very very thankful for a family and friends who always stood by me and helped me. Um grande abraço for my great parents!! And that´s about it for this letter... oh and here´s a picture of me by the ocean...how lovely! And another of a family in Sao Joao (Duarte, Maria Fátima, Helder, Patrícia, me, Vânia)
Love you all!

ellen

No comments: