Thursday, February 16, 2006

Samuel: Two Things

Oi Família,
I learned two important things this week. The first-the spirit needs to guide and will guide if you will just let it and be worthy of it. The second is that we need to do things more for love than for reconition or example. It really is very interesting to me. I learn something each week that is something that I know I should do but am like everyone else, I fall and make mistakes. The success comes when you learn from those mistakes and never make that mistake again. Also, patience is required but has always been a hard thing for me to learn. I will learn to be patient in my life and to be happy with the blessings of the Lord. I am at a great time in my life and a time that is very short. I need to make the most of my time and more than that the time of the Lord. I won´t have the spirit and the capability to change anywhere else than right now on my mission. Its a time to get up and move forward;its a time to focus on what is important and to be lost in the service of the Lord. I know that in doing the will of the Lord the lives of so many people will be blessed. Let´s move forward and leave the mistakes that we made in the past behind. We have more knowledge and understanding than we did in the past and we certainly are better prepared to meet the Lord. I plan to make some new goals today and to strive to focus on my purpose of being here--to bring souls to Christ through baptism. I love you all and am trying to focus on what is important and what what help to become the best servant of the Lord that I can become. I love you all and know that you are all blessed.

Love,
Elder Thompson

No comments: