Thursday, February 16, 2006

I´m glad that I live in this beautiful world!!

So, this has been a really great week. We have had some amazing lessons (both learned and taught) and we had an amazing conference yesterday with Síster and Presidente Greene!! Basically all I have to say it that the Book of Mormon is true and I want to read it more and more. I just want to eat it up! It has great lessons to teach for our everyday lives. One great thing it does it that it helps us more than any other book to gain a friendship with our Savior Jesus Christ. This friendship brings with it repentance and faith which bring peace, happiness, and the sense of accomplishment and acceptance that we are all striving for. It has changed my live absolutely for the better and I´m so excited every morning for the oportunity I have to search its pages to be able to help someone else gain the same love that I have for this amazing book of scripture.
One other great thing that we saw yesterday was the film «Journey of Faith »(done by FARMS) It was awesome! I know Dad would absolutely love it, it is just down his isle, so would the Halgrens, and the Palmers, and just about everyone. It talkes about the Book of Mormon journey. It was really great. Also, a great quote by George Cannon ( father of George Q.) «No wicked man could write such a book as this and no good man would write it unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so» I love the book of Mormon!!

Other exciting happenings...We went to the ocean today. There is a little chapel on this rock on the beach. It is beautiful and the ocean was really spectacular because it was windy and had been stormy. However, the storm cleared up just for us (Sister Call, Sister Carter, Sister Phillips and I ) and it was really absolutely amazing. Hopefully the pictures turn out well. Speaking of pictures, I promised that Nephi would be getting tons and it seems like they were never sent, but I will do my best to encourage their speedy arrival. Sorry about that.

Thanks Mom and Martha for the wonderful Valentines Day cards. I absolutely loved the pictures! Yes, they do celebrate Valentines Day here, it being a saintly day. People give hearts and flowers to all the members of their families and really go all out. We had a great experience on Valentine´s day, we taught a great lesson to this woman named Monica, we then left and while we were standing waiting for the bus, she called and told Sister Call that she wanted to be baptized on Sunday. Sister Call thought that she wasn´t understanding her correctly and so handed me the phone and I reaffirmed that she was serious. It was kind of a crazy experience and not at all unpleasant. She has a bit to go before baptism, but her enthusiam and desire are truly laudable and I think she´ll make it soon.

Anyway, this has turned out to be quite the long letter, I must be in a gabby mood today. Aaron, my prayers are still heading there in your direction. As mellhores (a blessing of health) for Mom and Grandma! Parabens on the shed Dad!! Thanks for the card LeAnn- you could probably send them to the address here in Gaia, I have a feeling I may be here for a while, and it is really cool to have letters that say `way of the Holy Ghost´ (that´s what `Vereda do Espírito Santo´ means) Makes you feel kind of safe doesn´t it. A big hug and kiss to Janie! My love to all of you!!

ellen

No comments: