Thursday, February 02, 2006

Samuel: I will keep it short this week

Oi Família,
I will keep it short this week as I don´t remember exactly what happened this week. That´s what happens when you get old. We didn´t have any baptisms this week but we are planning for one this next week. I am learning one thing and that is patience. I have to be patient with myself and not kill myself everytime that I fall down. I need to get right back up and work hard. This is very important in missionary work. I am exactly feeling better because I am being patient. I am not stressed or worried as much and as I work hard and trust in the Lord, good things will happen to me. Diligence is so very important and in Doctrine and Covenants 58: 26-28 that we need to do many things of our own free will as well as in Mosiah 4:27 diligence is the key to winning the prize. Patience but diligence is to me accomplishing your goals in a calm manner. I am not anxious or worried or even setback by the difficulties that I am having. I am striving for the goals that I have set.
Each week is a new learning experience for me and I know that I have learned a lot being put into the firey furnace and being molded the way that the Lord wants me to be. That´s the best part. I love you all and know that in our trials we can learn to be patient but diligent in overcoming them.

Love,
Elder Thompson
Happy Birthday to the Spudster-oh excuse me--Blair and to Grandpa-the groundhog. I don´t think he will see his shadow this year.

No comments: