Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yipity Skipity!

Yep, goin´ good. People are changin´. The gospel is true! We have been working pretty closely with Rufino and Margarita and they are doing so well, when we don´t pass by they call us just to check up. It is so funny. We found a couple of ties in our apartment, of course from elders who anciently inhabited it. Seeing as it is a little inappropriate for us to go around wearing ties and we got tired of using them to whip each another, we decided to give them to Rufino along with some church music so that he could feel the calming influence of the Spirit even when we aren´t there. The smile on his face was so darn childlike. He was a little boy in the candy store. We then discovered that he didn´t know how to tie a tie and so Sister Phillips held a tie tying class. It was one of the funniest things I have ever experienced in that good clean funny way with Margarida beaming with pride on her soon to be husband the whole time. It was just awesome! That´s why we´re here to help people like this to become better, to become more like Christ and we in turn are also blessed in our journey.
Yesterday was absolutely amazing as well. We had interviews with Presidente Greene for about 5 hours! We learned so very very much from him and from Sister Greene. It was like sitting by a nice warm fire and sipping hot chocolate--the same warm fuzzy feeling, but even better. I don´t think I´ve ever had such fun in an interview. I learned about the language of prayer in portuguese, about how to use the Atonement in my life daily, about how to care for other people, about how to use critical thinking skills with the Spirit, and so much more. Then Sister Phillips, Sister Greene, Presidente and I talked for a while more about using the examples of others as stepping stones to Christ and we learned a lot more about them as real people who are really funny and yet really spiritual and who magnify the mantle of the calling that they hold. It was great and fun and uplifting! My new goal for this week will be to learn more about the Atonement and how I can use it even more in my life. After all, everything (literally everything) hinges on the Atonement. So, my task for all of you this week is to think about how you use the Atonement in your lives and let me know some ideas. Tá bem? One of the keys I think is found in Proverbs 3:4-5.
Let me know how it goes!!

Otherwise, Mom, thanks for the card! I got it in the mail today. Transfers will happen in the first week of February and for sure I´ll be leaving, I´ll let you know when I know my new address.

Congratulations Blair!!! That is really awesome! We are all so proud of you and all the sacrifice and work that you have done to get there. Also, Martha for being such a good person always.

Thanks Deann for the cutsie pictures of your family at Disneyland! They are really cute girlies! Happy Birthday to Michela! I will forever be behind on birthdays, I remember them and then forget to write. Oh, well!

Samuel, you´re such a great example and such a great missionary. When I grow up I want to be just like my little brother. The problem is, I don´t know if I´ll ever grow up. Eu te amo muitisimo e sempre tens muito tempo nas minhas oracões. Sempre lembre-te que Cristo te ama e esta a preocupar-se contigo, então não tens que preocupar-te com nada, porque já está. Tá bem? Não tenho de dizer porta-te bem porque sei que vais. Até a próxima natal quando eu vou falar contigo em Português puro. Amo-te!

Love you all!
ellen

No comments: