Thursday, January 05, 2006

Samuel: I Feel My Savior´s Love

Oi Família,
Today, I feel so small in this world and so sad for the abominations and iniquities of the world. I sometimes don´t understand why people don´t believe. On our way to the Lan House or internet place we made contacts having a rule that we need to make ten contacts everyday. We stopped this man and talked to him about our message-we have prophets and apostles on the earth again who are leading the Church of Jesus Christ and we have proof of this through this book, the Book of Mormon, a book that you can read, and pray to God the know that it is true. People say that they already have the word, they already believe in Jesus Christ and/or that religion doesn´t save people, only faith in God. They don´t even listen to what we say. It really saddened me and to think that some of those people get only one chance to except and our contact with them might have been it. I want these people to understand that there is a way and we are representatives of Jesus Christ. We are the way being instruments in the Lord´s hands to help these people gain peace in this life and salvation in the world to come. It is so sad to think that there will not be very many who return to the Celestial Kingdom and live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It hurts me to see this but they have their choice. My job is to help these people have this opportunity to gain these things and it is their job to accept or rejeit it.
I can truly find that peace in doing the work of the Lord and learning of his love for me. Then, developing that faith that is needed to motivate me to do his will, not my own but the master´s. He made me and loves me and will help me develop to what I need to become if I will only believe in him and show him that I truly love him through showing him in my words, actions, and deeds. I love My Savior so very much. I want to do his will always.
It will be very exciting this weekend for me as we will have another baptism. It will be on Saturday and she will be confirmed on the first day of the New Year. I think that is the best New Year´s Present I could have. I pray that it will happen. Also, I really felt the love of my parents and family during the call home. It really gave me the motivation that I needed to work harder and to do the Lord´s work with more diligence. I love each of you so much and I am so proud of the things that you are doing. May God truly bless you and as that little story goes that all of those dots or stars will fall leaving the true child of God.
Com Amor,
Elder Thompson

No comments: