Thursday, January 26, 2006

Samuel: Pride-Universal Sin

Oí Família,
Today I read the talk that President Benson gave April 1, 1989 em General Conference about Pride. I thought to myself this is exactly what I need. I am so full of pride that I am putting myself above God and others that are around me. Why am I here on a mission--to serve the Lord or myself. When you do those things the spirit is withdrawn and you are left to your own strength. I have to always be careful with pride because I like to compete with people. I always did that in school. I had to have the best grades and do the best. Now, I am realizing that this is what is hurting me. I am not receiving the blessings that I could receive and to me pride is like a ladder, it only goes so far and once you get to the top, that is the end of it no matter if you can reach the point you want to get or no. Only humility will help us reach the goal we want because we put God first, the master who knows us best. His work is to make us better, to prepare us to become just like he is, perfect--we have to submit to his will or we will not reach the potencial that we have. That was my big discovery of the week-I am full of pride and I need to repent. I am so happy about that realization. I don´t know about anyone else but I like it when I see or I should say am helped to see something to I can change to better my life and make it more like Christ. It is so very helpful.
I want to wish my wonderful mother and best of birthdays and I want to tell you that I love you so much. May God be with you till we meet again.
Love,
Elder Thompson

No comments: