Thursday, January 19, 2006

Samuel: The Holy Ghost

Oi Família,

The hot season has hit. Everyday is hot and everyday we return home tired and sweaty but I think that I am getting used to it. The hot doesn´t really bother me anymore. This week was a little bit harder for me. I felt like I wasn´t as obedient as I should be. Obedience really does work. When you do what the Lord has asked, you are blessed and when you don´t do what the Lord says, you have no promise.

It is really interesting to see that the Spirit is the most important tool that you have. When the Spirit is not present when you are teaching, you can feel it and when it is there, there is a warm feeling and you and the investigator are edified and rejoice together. That is the only way that the investigators will have a change of heart and will change their lives and begin to follow Christ. The Spirit is the key. However, the spirit doesn´t dwell in unholy places. As missionaries, we have to repent everyday as to make sure that the Holy Ghost will be with us during the visits with the investigators. Have we don´t have the Spirit, we cannot teach. That´s plain and simple and I find that that principle can be used in all aspects of our lives, we will not be as successful and will not receive the help that we need only when the Spirit is in our lives. We have to clean our houses and take care of our houses as to make it habitable for the Holy Ghost (reference of house equals us). This is very important and each day I can see of the vitality and importance that the Holy Ghost has on the success of our lives.

I am trying to do the best that I can. Sometimes, I stress and worry or I will say the I do that frequently, about doing everything just right but then when that happens I don´t focus on what is most important, keeping myself taken care of so that the Holy Ghost can dwell in me. That includes physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. I have to be awake and alert and be humble with a good outlook of the situation and how to approach it with diligence and patience looking for the fruit thereof that will grow unto eternal life or something like that. I guess the key, lately, for me is that I have to be diligent and everythings doesn´t have to be perfect but I have to be sure that I am taking care of all of those needs so that the Holy Ghost can be with me when I need it.

I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and all the opportunities that I have. I am grateful for the examples that I have and that the Savior loves me. Many times I have to first walk by faith but when it comes down to it, the Savior was carrying me through the most difficult parts. I love this work and am doing all that I can to help the people recieve these precious truths of the gospel. I love you all.

Elder Thompson

No comments: