Thursday, April 14, 2005

Shopping with Mom



So this past couple of days I've spent more money in one blow than at any other time (except when I had to pay tuition, but that doesn't really count). It was kind of fun and stressful at the same time. I felt really bad about having that much money spent on me, being the independant creature that I am. However, Mom convinced me that I was worth all of it and more, so that helped ease my burden. It is funny how answers to prayer come at times when you least expect it, and they always come just in time. They seldom come early, but right when you need it they appear. I have lead such a blessed life that it is hard to adequately express it. For instance, this last trip provided me with strength, purpose and fortitude that I will need on my mission in such a way that I could not have received it before, but that I am ready for now. I felt so much love, joy, and hope as a result of several different experiences and will use those memories to sustain me when it gets hard later on, which it will. Anyway, it has been a lovely weekend and promises to be a lovely week. I get to spend the next four days with my parents and friends here in western Colorado and I know it will be just what I need to prepare me.

No comments: