Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Rendezvous



I'm getting very excited for the family rendezvous in Provo scheduled for this weekend. My brother Samuel called me this afternoon expressing the same excitement and anticipation. It is hard to imagine that in a little less than 4 weeks, I will be set apart as a full-time missionary and will be devoting the next 18 months of my life to the Lord. I have so many feelings vying for my attention that it is hard to express which one is most prevalent at any given moment. It is pretty much a conglomeration of all of them felt at the same time. There is excitement, nervousness, fear, excitement, wonder, awe, curiosity, longing, sorrow, and a multitude of other feelings that have as of yet eluded titles. It is a weird time of my life where I feel so unsettled and almost numb, like this can not be really happening, it must be something I am only imagining. It is strange to think that I will not be doing the same things that I am doing now and I will not see the people who are such an integral part of my life now. It is like all rendezvous with destiny: you are never quite sure what to expect and never feel quite ready. However, they will come and the time will be past before you know it and you will be readying for still another rendezvous.

No comments: