Thursday, February 24, 2005

stoopid stoopid ellen

Here I am, little ellen devoid of all wisdom. (sniff) It was cruelly cut out, extracted from me and replaced by gauze plugs, as if I wouldn't notice. Truthfully I didn't notice, except for the dull pain which sometimes throbs in my head, but I've got a cure for that too. Actually getting my wisdom teeth pulled was not the huge trauma everyone said it would be. I had worked the night shift before my mom picked me up and took me to the oral surgeons office, so I'm sure putting me under wasn't very hard at all. I just remember them putting in the IV and then telling me to wake up. I didn't really want to. Then I walked around like a drunk woman getting to the car. Luckily I had my own private duty nurse (Thanks a million Mom!) who took excellent care of me. I can see where I get my intuitive nursing skills. Anyway, the teeth are out, and I'm hardly a chipmunk at all it's very exciting. I could almost even go back to work if I wanted to, but I'm not scheduled until Sunday night, so I'll laze around a bit. Thanks to Mom again for making the drive out and back to be here for me as I slobbered and drooled in newfound stupidity (ie without wisdom). It made all the difference in the world that I didn't have to worry about my sorry state because I had someone else there to do it.

No comments: