Saturday, January 08, 2005

musings

It seems funny to me that I am so antisocial while being so social. I have to have human contact or else I get depressed, but if I have human contact there is also a chance that I'll get depressed as well. I think it all has to do with my comfort zone. For instance I just spent an enjoyable night playing cards with my sixty year old friends and then went to a family's house and played cards with the teenage and pre-teen girls and had a wonderful time. Last night on the other hand was miserable for me because I went to a single-adult party with fifty people between 18 and 25. The people I talked to were those who came to be adult leaders to the group. It was as if I couldn't seem to bring myself to talk to those my own age.

I'm an odd duck.

No comments: