Thursday, April 13, 2006

HAPPY EASTER!!

Happy Birthday to all of you who are celebrating birthdays today...like Deann who was a great "example of the believers". i love the pictures drawn and taken! Oh, and thanks Mom for the great toothbrush...that blinking light makes is a joy to brush, which I needed after eating all of the red jelly beans (sister simons ate all of the rest-because I said she could and the really good ones are either red, black or white)

So, it has been a great week so far. We are working a lot with the members and enjoying the results. We had a zone conference yesterday and we read together the talk Elder Ballard gave Sunday Afternoon about Creating a Gospel-Sharing Home. We are going to start teaching this to the members with a lot of energy, because really the members are the key.

I have to say once again that I love the Book of Mormon. I had one day last week when for some reason I got a little down. During dinner I read in the Book of Mormon in Portuguese (I will finish next week for the second time...realizing the apostalic promise of the gift of tongues) Anyhow, as I was reading the Lord was able to communicate with me in His own words proffered to the people in the Americas 2000 years ago the peace and joy that only He can give. I felt the love He feels for all people and comfort and hope in the promises that He has made. It was a great upper and I hit the road again after dinner with a new energy and gusto... really this is the work of the Lord! I´m so priviledged to be a part of it. Really, I sometimes wonder why He chose me and has allow little old me to be a part of something so great. It´s always humbling because i can see that really it is not my words that change people, it is the Spirit and the words of Christ who make the changes.

So...I also got my pictures and here is the et maintenant la cerise sur le gateaux...(drumroll Please)...Well, I did eat the whole plate of that fishy stuff...even the things with eyes, and not only that, I ate a second helping. I probably would not choose to eat this for every meal, but I also did not die. Also, a beautiful sunset on the sea and a happy Candida with her family.

Love you all so much and know that you´re always in my prayers. Hopefully Ethan is doing well. Love you !

ellen

No comments: