Thursday, April 13, 2006

Excitement

Oi Família,
It is a pleasure to speak to you at this time, before I start I would like to thank all of those who made this all possible. I know that without our Savior Jesus Christ we would not be able to live together forever. That is pretty special.

Well, we made a great baptism this week. José Aparecido is now a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That is pretty awesome. The cool part also is that we will have a lot more baptisms in the future. Our mission is starting to pick up the pace and we are having more baptisms. With that, however, they are asking us to do things that have not been done in the past and the expectations are a lot higher but that is nothing new to me. My whole life is been that way, I have always expected myself to do a lot. It is really fun.

Transfers were this week and I have a new companion. Elder Savage is from Ogden, Utah. I am getting used to being companions with Americans now. I know that this transfer with be great and we will be learning a lot. I was reading in Mosiah 4 and 5 today. It talks a lot about how we should do things and the main idea for me was desire. If we want to do anything we need to have the desire to do it-that is the motivator and then we can set the goals and work towards the goals we set. To be successful, we need to have the desire to be successful.

I am excited to be here on the mission and I get more excited each day. I know that the Lord is blessing me and all of you because of it. Ellen, eu recebi Preach My Gospel e Pregar Meu Evangelho. Eu os adoro. Muito obrigado. Parabéns no batismo. Eu sei que isso foi muito especial. I love you all and know that the gospel is true.

No comments: