Thursday, December 22, 2005

Transfers....and...I´m.....still here

So we had transfers this week and I lost Sister Schneiber to Viseu. I will miss her, but I did get Sister Phillips from Braga. She is from Orem Utah and is really funny. We are really excited to be able to serve together. So, that´s the exciting stuff. We also got to see all of the sisters together because we all transfered and Sister Landro and Sister Toler are going home today. It was a good time.

So, exciting things that happened this week... We finally got in touch with this family that I´ve been dreaming about for weeks. Julietta was the Relief Society President that when she was released went inactive. She and her family are not happy and I want so much to give them the happiness that they can have. Sometimes we lose sight of why we do what we do in the church and with this comes discouragement and overwhem-ment. The activities and parties and missionary work, and everything that we do is really aimed at helping us understand the Atonement. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ is central --o ponte central-- of the plan of happiness that our Father prepared for us. All of these other things are to help us be more like Him, to help others come unto Christ, to help us be perfected in Him. They are important, but are appendages.

In this time of Christmas spirits there are many things we can think about. The first level is the Christmas lights, trees and presents, the outward signs of celebration of material things...these things pass. Then there is the second level, the baby Christ child, the Christmas story, carols. However, the third and last level is the most important and that is the Living Christ, our Savior and Redeemer who lived and died and lived again so that we could follow His example. I´m so grateful for His love for me, for his patience and guiding hand in my life, thoughts and actions. I am also so glad for my forever family! Thank you also to all of my friends and family (future and present) who have remembered me in prayers, cards and packages. I am so blessed. Merry Christmas in all levels to all of you--especially my favorite Brasilian trainer Élder Thompson. Love you!!

ellen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: