Thursday, December 22, 2005

Samuel: ários--Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ--

Oi Família,
This time of year is a very special time to think of why this life is important to us. Only because of the birth of Jesus Christ and later his atonement can we have the chance to return to our loving Heavenly Father again. The atonement makes this life meaningful and full of purpose. I am so grateful to have the privilege to celebrate this wonderful day and also the day of the Prophet Joseph Smith and all that he did to restore the gospel of Jesus Christ. Truly the words of John Taylor ring true--Joseph has done more save Jesus only for the salvation of man than anyother man that lived (D&C 135).

I am so very grateful for all of my blessings of knowing of these things and having the blessings of the Lord poured out upon me. Just through a few simple righteous choices, the windows of heaven are opened and the bleesings come pouring down. With those blessings come the hardships of life that we go through in life. Those hardships are for our good and for our profit because the Lord seeth fit to try his children in all things. I love this gospel and I love the opportunity I have to share that love with others. I am trying to do what is right because of the will of God and not because of the will of others or of myself.

Obedience is the first law of heaven and benefits you. The second is the law of sacrifice which is in benefit of others. The third is the law of consecration which is done because of the will of God. The third is my goal.

I love you family and am excited that the Lord is blessing us so much. May the windows of heaven continue to be opened as we do little things in our lives like reading the scriptures (finished with the Book of Mormon?), praying daily, and going to church. The Lord uses simple things to bring about the salvation of many souls (Alma 37: 6-7). The Lord loves us and it is up to us to show him that we love him.

Martha-I absolutely love those pictures. All the girls look like you especially the freckles and Charles looks like the spudster. Thanks so much.
Mom-You will be calling between 2:00-2:10. I will there at that time. This is the phone number again (012) 3939-1632 or (12) 3939-1632. I don´t know if the zero goes in there or not. I absolutely love the make your own tree. That was so awesome and my companion did too as well as the Trail to Bethelem. Thanks so much.

Merry Christmas to you all--Its the birth of Jesus Christ and the remembering of the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Com Amor,
Elder Thompson

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: