Thursday, December 22, 2005

Samuel: Life Goes TOO FAST!!!!

Oi Família,
I am very sorry about not having a chance to email you all last week because my email account was not working and especially on the most exciting week of my mission. December 4, Elder Ackerman and I were privileged to have two of our investigators baptized. YEAAAAHHHOOOOO!!!!! Johnson and Neto are our investigators and they are both very strong in the faith. It was very very special. On Tuesday the 6 there were transfers. Elder Ackerman was going home as his two years were up and I was somewhat anxious about my new companion. I did not expect what was coming.

I am now the district leader and a trainer. I was floored. I only have six months and am still a long ways from learning the language. I am training Elder Rodriguez from Sandy, Utah. He is American even though the name is hispanic (his grandpa is from Mexico). I am dealing with my responsibility and am learning very quickly to put my trust in the Lord. I can´t do it all alone, I would go crazy--leading a district means I need to have good numbers for other missionaries to follow and being a good example as well as being a trainer means you do most of the leading, paperwork for the first little bit. I like to call Elder Rodriguez my son. Yep, I am the dad. Hehe. So much is happening all at once that I just have to pray hard and then hold on and enjoy the ride. This last week I confirmed Neto a member of the church and that was a very special occasion. The work is great, the challenges are greater, and the rewards are the greatest. I am happy to hear that happiness and busyeness abound in our family, it wouldn´t be our family w/o those things. I am going to make this short as I have limited time today but I wanted to let you know that I love everyone of you very much. I am finishing reading the Book of Mormon in Portuguese outloud. I am pretty excited about it.

Com Amor,
Elder Thompson

Martha-It is easier to use the address of the mission and here it is
R: Caa-Açu, 229
Belenzinho-São Paulo-SP
03171-020
BRASIL
I am very excited to see the pictures.

Mom- This is the number (012) 3939-1632. I don´t know the code for Brazil which you will have to use to call internationally but it should be easy to find. I can only talk for 30 minutes as that is a rule for all the missions in the world and It would be good to call at 2:00-2:15 in the afternoon as it will be 7:00 here. I think that will work with Ellen´s schedule. Let me know if that will work. I did get two packages, card for Thanksgiving and a card for Christmas and that awesome trail that leads to Bethlehem. Joseph and Mary will always be rightside up so there Ellen, oh excuse me, Sister Thompson! hehehehe. Thanks, Mom for everything that you do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: