Thursday, December 01, 2005

Samuel: From Brazil With Love

Oi Família,
and how was turkey day? Sister Thompson even had turkey day. That´s really cool. I can say that we remembered but noone else in Brasil did-Thanksgiving is only an American Holiday. Missionaries don´t have a lot of money and so we couldn´t buy really anything to celebrate but as long as we remember what Thanksgiving is all about, that´s what really matters.

This last week was a tough one in the life of the missionary because the investigator that we were preparing for baptism broke the Word of Wisdom the night before his baptism. We helped him get married and he decided to have a party after it but his friends who are not members of the church celebrate in the ways of the world and he joined with them but the story isn´t half bad. I think this event had to happen because he was very sad after it and he is repenting a lot. This made he very humble, more than he was before. It has prepared him even more for baptism and hopefully we will have two baptisms this next week. I will tell you how it turns out. I did learn that the Devil will fight to the end and attacks only on the fronts that are the weakest in our lives. It is our decision to make a stand when that temptation or storm hits and its good to make that decision before the squall arrives. I am so very grateful for the experiences that I am having on my mission. I am learning patience, love, humility, diligence, time-management, planning, and how to be like Christ. That is truly amazing and wonderful.

This is the last week before transfers and my companion will be returning to his home in Logan, Utah honorably. Next week, when I write I will have another companion. It means I will be starting another adventure and I will be learning many new things. I am very excited about that. I love you all.

Elder Thompson

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: