Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The last week in Africa!

Well, I am just so excited! This trip has been awesome! I have now
finished the course work and all of the other students in the program have
left for South Africa to go exploring. I am staying for a couple of days
with the two senior sister missionaries here in Maputo. They don't speak
Portuguese, so I can be of help to them as they would like to get to know
some of their neighbors and such. It is also cool because I get to feel
like a missionary again for a couple of days. On Friday I will be taking a
bus to Johannesburg and will be able to attend the temple there on
Saturday before catching my flight to London and back home.

It was kind of sad to say goodbye to everyone. Sunday, was especially
special. The Primary children sang in sacrament meeting and the spirit
that they brought was almost palpable. It was so beautiful! I was sad to
have to say goodbye to all of those cute faces. They are so like little
sponges and they learn so fast and just soak up all the love you have to
give them, much like everyone I've met here.

On Saturday we went to this beautiful beach where a river meets the ocean.
It was spectacular!! I feel like I'm in paradise.

I am also very excited to start summer semester. I am taking chinese 101,
techniques of teaching (portuguese), choral, piano lessons, and voice
lessons. I love school!!!

Anyhow, I am so excited to talk to you all and all of that. I love you!

ellen

No comments: