Thursday, May 25, 2006

It´s great to be a missionary!

So, we´ve had a great week and I´m learning bastante(a lot). Mom, my blog site is: ellenshome.blogspot.com Give Janie my love! Oh, I received from Sister Couey the announcement for Abbie´s wedding, looked like a lot of fun, especially the honeymoon in Alaska(wink). THANKS for the letters I have received lately! (wink, wink) they gave me just the energy and animo that I needed! It is a great experience to train because its like being able to see all of your caracteristics in a big magifying mirror. The ones that are good make you feel good and the ones that need refining, well, you get to see just how you can refine them. It´s humbling, but very productive and I´ve been learning a lot!

We had a marvelous conference this last week with all the stakes of Portugal and Spain. President Hinckley and Robert D. Hales spoke and it was so great . They really are prophets who receive revelation for us. They know just what will help make these people more happy and more able to live fulfilling lives. It was great to hear them pinpoint just the exact problems that we see daily and give us solutions for them. I´m so grateful for the opportunity to listen to a prophet´s voice. We then had a great zone conference on tuesday and I left a new missionary. On the ride home I participated in a great lesson on the train. I just had a great conversation with the lady sitting next to me, and because of the love that I felt for the Lord and the gratitude I had been feeling, I was able to talk and we both learned things as the Spirit touched both of our hearts. I was on cloud nine. It just feels so great and you are so happy when you are feeling the Spirit. That is what this plan is all about, having the happiness that comes from God in our every day life. Anyway, it was an inspiring conference and I am doing my best to apply the things that I learned. We also are making a grande force to plan well so that we can be where the Lord wants us when He wants us there. It´s good.....I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! and that´s it for today.

Oh, Samuel...Eu amo bater portas porque é sempre uma supresa, é como abrir um ´suprise package´ no outro lado de cada porta ou há uma pessoa douro ou uma daquelas que te expulsará do prédio. Também as pessoas as vezes são mesmo loucas quando estão na porta. Eu gosto muito, e tento bater pelo menos algumas horas cada semana porque faz me lembrar das necessidades das pessoas. É bem bom! É difícil pensar que tu já estás na missão há um ano não é? Parabéns! Espero bem que estejas a aprender tudo que O Senhor quer que aprendas. Eu amo te e esta oportunidade que temos de servir. O plano de nosso Pai Celestial é perfeito! Obediência realmente traz as bênçãos dos céus incluindo felicidade, tanto pelo missionário quanto pela pessoa que está a receber este novo conhecimento. Estou feliz e espero que também estejas feliz. Amo-te!

ellen

No comments: