Sunday, October 09, 2005

Pictures from Portugal


My trainer Sister Landro and I in front of the chapel in Matosinhos. One of the only signs in Portugal that says: Visitors Welcome


The rooftops of Porto -- pretty aren't they?


Some pretty gardens in Porto (at the end of the season so the flowers aren't at their best)


Bridge linking Porto and Gaia across the Douro River (River of Gold) -- look closely to see the helicopter


Looking across the river to Gaia


A cool Catholic church in Porto complete with "dead men's bones" in the basement


Knocking every door -- even the doors of "saints" who have already gone on -- And behind door #7, bones.


Outside of the police station in Matosinhos where I was arrested twice. Very inauspicious, não é?


In Matosinhos are a lot of fishermen. This statue is right outside of the chapel and I fear I may have found my fisherman. Ahhhh.

No comments: