Thursday, September 29, 2005

Down to Two

So, our tripla is now a dupla. Sister Schneiber and I are staying in São João da Madeira and Sister Medeiros is off to Gaia. So for all of you who wanted to send letters, packages, ect and didn´t know where to send them:
Avenida Dr. Renato Araujo Nº369-3ºfte
3700-244 S. João da Madeira
I´ll try to stay out of trouble so I will be at this address for the next 6 weeks at least (hopefully) We´ll have to see.

PARABENS to the entire crew there in Kaysville! I´m so excited for our little Charles Nathan. Thank you so much for the pictures. I am struck by how much he looks like his sisters. Great looking family for sure! I also like that he came in the middle of the afternoon and a nice big healthy baby too. Congratulations and all of my love!

Mom, I think the key to prioritization is found in yourr recent study of Preach My Gospel. It´s all about following the Spirit. Also when doing one thing, devote all of your thoughts to that one thing and accomplish it in the scheduled time (or if it doesn´t get done, plan to schedule more time the next day) and then move on. It also helps here in the mission field to schedule every activity and then to have a backup plan in case the original doesn´t work. Then use the Spirit to help you decide in the moment and at the end of the day make plans for the next day. It helps to make the day run more smoothly and to help you feel more satisfied with the work you accomplished in the day. Communication between the people with which you are working is also essential.

So, I´m having a great time here in Portugal, we have been teaching some great investigators and are trying to help them through the trials that they have in their lives. The more I see of life, the more I am sure that it is only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we can find happiness and peace. I am so grateful for my Savior´s love for me. I am also so greatful for the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it´s application in the day-to-day. I know this is true gospel because it is true with the laws of nature, physics, mathematics, history, music, and every aspect of life. Everyone can gain a testimony of Jesus Christ in Book of Mormon according to their passion in life. Those who love language will gain a testimony through it´s syntax. Those who have a love for history will recognize trends alike in all civilizations. Those with an eye for numbers will find that it all adds up. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God through His holy prophets.

Love all of you and give all of those darling children kisses for me. That is probably the hardest thing for me, not being able to run around and visit you all and spoil all of your beautiful children. Keep on keeping on down there in the opposite side of the world Samuel. You´re a great example for me. Love and my prayers.

ellen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: