Thursday, November 20, 2008

Autumn Time


It was very fun to be able to rake leaves...I got five big garbage bags full and I packed it in, ripping one of the bags in the process. I didn't dare jump in the leaves as I have a catalpa tree that drops pointy seed pods and the leaves were also a bit damp. It was quite a workout and I had sore shoulders for a couple of days, however I did have fun being outside and working up a sweat. Another blessing that I received, referent to the leaves is that they all fell down at once. All of my neighbors have these trees that drop little annoying leaves little by little and so they are always having to rake their yards. My tree, happily, has huge leaves that didn't fall for the longest time, but when they fell, they all went together. It was a cinch to rake them up because they are so big and now I may have to rake once more, for the few that were left, but all in all, I'm done for the year. Blessings, blessings, blessings.




Also, when I was going back inside, I noticed that I had a visitor knocking at the door. I was none other than my friend the wolf..spider. He was about the size of a quarter with his legs and all. I decided to send him on his way...I didn't crush him or anything, just told him that he wasn't invited and he probably entered through another route.

1 comment:

reddquilter said...

Hi Ellen, I can't quite believe I found you. Maybe you remember me, Becky Lambert from Mapleton, knew you in a BYU stake. If you remember , you might also remember I asked you about sharing your number for a blind date. Well I am asking you again. Same guy, he is in town for a few days, and would like a date. His mom (my friend) suggested you (she remembered me talking about you and wondered if you would still be interested in just a casual blind date. I had trouble finding your number, but as luck would have it , I did find your blog. If you are interested could you email me.
reddquilt@mac.com
Your blog is great, loved seeing life through your eyes! Take care, Becky Lambert