Thursday, July 28, 2005

milagres

so this week was a good one, I asked to see the miracles that occur with regular frequency and I saw them. It was great. We did lose our new investigator Jenea, but we got another one in the same predio. Anabela is a cute girl. She is a doctor and has a new baby (anyone recognize the key indicator here) anyhow, before we started the lesson she was telling us her beliefs about God and basically taught the first part of the lesson to us. It is miraculous to see people quoting scripture that they have never read. Anyhow, our other investigators Vasyl e Paula e Cleber are also doing very well. Last week they gave up going to a concert Saturday night so that they could get up in time to go to church. Also they walked all the way to church in the rain. Vasyl is almost constantly on the internet looking for things about the church. It is pretty neat. We also found some new contacts this week that have promise, so we´ll see if they pan out. Yesterday was a very wierd day in my otherwise good week. I think we found about every wierd person in the city. There were some doozies, and there was this one homen that came up and was blatently hitting on us, it was really annoying and uncomfortable. There was this one very intelligent guy who was telling us that really God was just a way to describe how aliens were the ones who brought us to this planet, and stuff, he was citing all kinds of studies done at oxford and stuff and it was so funny, but also crazy because in all of his proofs for his theory, I found in my mind proofs for the Book of Mormon. It was crazy. Then we found a couple of other people that believed in something akin to the movie Matrix. It´s really hard not to laugh out loud when they tell you in all seriousness that they really believe these things.

The weather is good. Sometimes hot, sometimes cold, rains and then is hot and then cold. I just think I need to go and buy a couple more things one of these Thursdays so that I don´t have to wash and iron them quite so much. No one here has dryers here, and the washers are smaller, so things do get quite wrinkled. I love it here though, I think I love all types of weather, so this is just fine. The Lord is really blessing me here.

Tell Sister Simler and Sister Hinchman of my love and also give my best to Grandma Jex, and Grandpa Jex and Grandma & Grandpa Thompson as well. Good luck on the house and all. I´m sure it will work out exactly as it is supposed to. Sure do love all of you.

Oh, Martha, I realized that I never said anything about Keturah and Alaina´s birthdays. I thought about them each on their day and told my companion, but forgot to write anything to them. Make sure they know that their favorite aunt still thinks about them, even though I can´t write as often as I´d like. One of these weeks I´ll have time enough to write a letter I hope, but we´ll have to see.

On that note, in case I forget. Happy Birthday on the 5th Gina! Another year older and wiser, yes?

Oh, one of my favorite scriptures this week is in 2 Nephi 1 when Lehi breaks down repentance into smaller steps for Lama e Lemuel: Awake (acknowelge) shake off the chains (get rid of the sin) (do something about it) arise from the dust(get rid of the habit and leave it behind you, don´t do it again, ect) and rebel no more against Nephi (listen to the words of the prophet and replace the sin with something good) that´s just a llittle overview, but that is cool. We had a mission conference this last week which was awesome! President talked to us about the importance of the book of mormon in our teaching and challenged us to use it more. Also he gave us an extra half hour each week to study the book of mormon as well as a clean copy to mark the references to Jesus Christ in one color and the references to the first principles of the gospel in another. I have found a new unsatiable hunger for reading the book of mormon. I could do it all day. I love that book! Thanks for the cards Mom. The ones to the mission office arrived a little bit after one week, so I´ll have something good to look forward to this week.

So, love you all! The book of mormon is really the most correct book on the face of the planet. I think it might be one of the very few that gets better and better with each reading, which in itself is a testimony of it´s truthfullness. hope all is well.

ellen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: