Thursday, April 17, 2008

Morte e Vida Severina


I was part of a very successful Portuguese musical this past month or so...I was in charge of costumes and made about 3/4 of them. The other 1/4 we got from DI. I was so very proud of my ability to make clothes that don't fit. I had a lot of fun. It was a great opportunity to combine many of my talents and loves: Portuguese, theater, music, sewing and being with crazies who like those same things...my poor professor Vanessa. Elizabeth and I also did the scenery. Yes, those are weeds from the side of the road. The band sounded great and we wowed those who doubted we could do it. Maybe that gave the best satisfaction of all. You might also recognize the dead guy...the same one in every scene...except the one scene where he is only dying, not dead yet...that's right, Samuel. What a great dead guy, the star of every show!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellen,

Contrats on pulling off the play. Way to go! What did you end up doing for the music?

Mike DeShazer