Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving, thank goodness!


Just when I thought I would wallow in the pit of despair, we had a couple days off school and I caught up on some much needed sleep. I had all sorts of good intentions to do a lot of homework and get ahead for this crazy three weeks that I'll have, but...I didn't. So, what did I do instead???? Well, at noon on Thanksgiving, I had a great Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparents Jex's house, my parents drove in from Colorado. Then, at 6:00 that night I had another Thanksgiving dinner at a professor's house because I wanted to meet his daughter's fiance and only intended to eat pie, however, since they hadn't yet started dinner.....well, what was I supposed to do?? It was really great food.....


Other things of note: I went Christmas tree hunting for the first time in my life and that was fun. I was reminded of the Berenstain Bear's Christmas Tree where Papa Bear is sure that he can find the best and then they end up going to a tree lot all the same. Anyway, it was a successful tree hunt, and I didn't even have to get very cold as I got to hang out with Sarah in the truck...lucky me!!

Well, back to school for me! I'll surface again in about a month. Oh, I'm also excited about this weekend. Our stake is having this great service project on Saturday serving all sorts of widowed, elderly and otherwise deserving people. I'm excited!

No comments: