Thursday, August 11, 2005

yahoo

Thanks for the transcript of the funeral. It was awesome to be able to read. I´ve got a great family for sure. I´m glad it was a good service and that many people were able to attend.

Congratulations Keturah on your baptism. I´m so excited that you are starting out on the road. I know that this is the road that leads to happiness here and forever. I have seen first hand the happiness that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings to everyone it touches.

Congratulations Naomi on being able to go to school. I know how excited you have been, and congratulations Bethany on keeping it together. I´m so excited to hear how big all of my kids are getting. I think of them often. Oh, and I think of their dad whenever I´m at the grocery store. For some reason they really like to play Beatles songs without the lyrics in the Pingo Doce and it always makes me smile. We are usually there for a couple of minutes each day to buy yogurt and fruit for a small dinner on the run. It´s much cheaper and faster and more heathy than trying to find some restaurant or going all the way back to the apartment. So I think of Aaron and just laugh every day.

I also think a lot about Dad because the wiring in my apartment is bordering on scary. Knowing what little I know about wiring I am amazed that the missionaries before me haven´t burnt the place down with the little things they´ve rigged up. I have been doing my part to make it a more safe environment. Oh, the joys of living in an apartment that has held elders.

So, this week has flown by, and has been hard at the same time. We have been doing a lot of knocking and not so much teaching, but we must find the people before we can teach them. Sometimes the knocking serves as a reminder to me that this is the Lord´s work and will work on His timing and not mine. Also, I´m always struck with the Lord´s grace in enabling me to keep going when I feel like I can´t even get out of bed in the morning, and not only to keep going, but with a smile and everything. It is true as it says in Mosiah about the people of Alma that their burdens weren´t lifted, but the Lord strengthened them to be able to bear their burdens. I am an unworthy vessel, but the Lord can even work through me to help His work go forward. I love this gospel, and I love the amazing plan that He has for each of us His children. I am so greatful for the power of the priesthood, the true authority of God on the earth that enables families to be sealed for eternity. I love teaching that to those who are aching. The power of the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ has the power to heal all wounds and dry all tears. I am so greatful for the Lord´s power in my life.

Mom, I´m so glad you and Dad have been reading Preach My Gospel. It is so amazing, it is truly the work of apostles and prophets in our day. It is exciting to read that and the Book of Mormon on a daily basis. It just makes you excited to be alive and to be even better than you were the day before. I´m also glad that Dad enjoyed the tractor pull. It made my day to read about that. Oh, and thanks for the pictures of Priscilla and the random squirrel. I must have the greatest family ever from beautiful Madison to Grandpa Thompson, I´m not sure what I did right to be part of this family, but I try to live my life in a way that will bring more honor to an already great family name.

Love you all, thanks Samuel for the address and for the exciting missionary spirit. It´s wonderful to be a part of the pioneers of another country is it not.

ellen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: